Location: Seattle, WA area.
About Our Climate: Our Climate is a grassroots organization dedicated to empowering the generations most affected by climate change to advocate for strong and equitable climate policy. We believe putting a price on carbon is a critical policy tool to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions, and we are educating and organizing young advocates across the country in support of the policy. Our Climate co-leads the national Put A Price On It campaign, with the National Geographic series Years of Living Dangerously. This position will also work with our sister 501(c)(3), Our Climate Education Fund.
Overview of position: The primary responsibility of the Operations Manager is to lead and oversee our financial and operations systems. This position will oversee our financial planning, systems, and controls, and assist our Executive Director with fundraising. As part of our small, core staff team, we are looking for someone who is able to manage and execute projects that will achieve long-term operational excellence.
This position will be based in the Seattle area and will report to our Executive Director. Ability to work from home 2-3 days/week will be considered for the right candidate.
- Manage and improve the organization’s operational systems, processes and policies in support of the organization’s mission, including financial planning, support services (HR, IT and finance), staff training, and reporting.
- Work with Executive Director to ensure adequate resources for organizational goals; this includes foundation and relationship tracking, grant writing, and donor cultivation support.
- Assist Executive Director and Board in creating annual organizational budget, monitoring cash flow, creating and executing fundraising plans, and assisting Board members in meeting fundraising goals.
- Drive initiatives in the management team and organizationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
- Assist with internal and external written communications, including monthly newsletters, program evaluations, annual reports, and website content.
- Ensure clear and consistent communications both internally and externally with students, volunteers, supporters, and donors.
Minimum Qualifications: We’re seeking candidates who are collaborative, results-oriented, forward thinking, and dedicated to our mission. Candidates should demonstrate the following:
- Proven success at managing financial and operations systems for emerging non-profits; strong candidates will have experience in environmental, youth advocacy, or social justice issues.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Proven ability to take initiative, effectively manage multiple projects at once to produce high-quality results, delegate tasks when working on collaborative projects, and manage across the organization.
- Experience working with organizational budgets, financials, and internal systems.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excels in fast-paced, collaborative working environments.
- Commitment to Our Climate’s mission.
Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered even stronger if they demonstrate the following:
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with C3/C4 structures.
- Experience with online and CRM platforms, including Salesforce, NationBuilder, and Action Network.
The Operations Manager position is by no means limited to these responsibilities. As part of a small and ambitious team, you will be expected to participate in strategy, development, and planning discussions, among other organizational and campaign tasks.
Salary: $45,000-$50,000. Salary is negotiable.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume as one PDF to Page Atcheson at email@example.com, with subject line “Operations Manager.” Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.