Who we are: Our Climate is a national nonprofit that empowers young people to advocate for strong and equitable climate policy. In 2016, Our Climate launched the “Put A Price On It” campaign, which aims to hold polluters accountable with a price on greenhouse gas pollution. Our Climate recruits, trains and supports young leaders across the country to win state and federal level carbon pricing policies, while amplifying youth support for bold climate action.
Currently, the Board of Directors has 6 members. We hope to add two board positions to the current board, expanding our reach and capacity.
What we’re looking for:
- Commitment to Our Climate's mission
- Dedication to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Values consistent with openness, curiosity, and humility
- Demonstrated leadership in policy advocacy, climate justice, grassroots organizing, and/or nonprofit management
- Commitment to engaging in fundraising efforts
How to apply: Please send a resume to Admin@OurClimate.us by January 15, 2019 (note the extended deadline). Please also complete this Google form with the following questions (among others):
- Why are you interested in joining Our Climate's Board? What do you hope to contribute? (250 words or less)
- What is something that you think Our Climate should be doing better? If you're not familiar with Our Climate, please tell us about a common oversight or mistake nonprofits make. (250 words or less)
We look forward to hearing from you!