WHO WE ARE: Our Climate is a national nonprofit that empowers young people to advocate for strong and equitable climate policy. In 2016, Our Climate launched the “Put A Price On It” campaign, which aims to hold polluters accountable with a price on greenhouse gas pollution. Our Climate recruits, trains and supports young leaders across the country to win state-level carbon pricing policies, and amplifies youth support for bold climate action.
Currently, the Board of Directors has six members. We hope to bring on two additional members to expand our reach and capacity.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Commitment to Our Climate's mission
- Demonstrated dedication to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Values of openness, curiosity, and humility
- Demonstrated leadership in policy advocacy, climate justice, grassroots organizing, and/or nonprofit management
- Commitment to engaging in fundraising efforts
HOW TO APPLY: Please complete this Google form answering the following questions (max. 250 words per question). You will also be asked to upload your resume/CV.
- Why are you interested in joining Our Climate's Board of Directors? What draws you to Our Climate's mission?
- What is something that you think Our Climate should be doing better? If you're not familiar with Our Climate, please tell us about a common oversight or mistake nonprofits make.
- What would you contribute to Our Climate's Board of Directors? What kind of time commitment are you willing to make?
We look forward to hearing from you!