Title: Communications Associate;
Location: Full time, Remote;
Duration of role: September 30th, 2020 - September 30th, 2021, with possibility of extension.
Position Description: The Communications Associate is a full time role that will work with Our Climate administrative staff, regional field organizers, and student leaders to execute Our Climate’s communication plan. They will ensure that organizational and state campaign content creation is executed and manage leadership development programs related to Our Climate’s communications strategy, digital engagement, and content creation. The Communications Associate will be supervised by the Executive Director.
Managing Our Climate’s Communications Strategy
- Develop Our Climate’s long-term communications strategy;
- Create systems for the strategy to be implemented across the organization;
- Support in fundraising to sustain Our Climate’s Communications Department;
- Build strategic relationships that will support the execution of Our Climate’s Communications Strategy;
- Manage Our Climate’s Monthly Newsletter and other related email communications strategy;
- Conduct Communications Audits quarterly to ensure Our Climate is meeting its objectives of the Communications Strategy.
Overseeing Digital Engagement
- Ensure Our Climate staff and youth leaders are trained in digital engagement;
- Hold Our Climate staff and youth leaders accountable for meeting monthly goals related to posting content and growing Our Climate’s digital impact;
- Manage engaging social media and digital campaigns for state campaigns and organizational development needs.
- Support Our Climate’s Executive Leadership team in creating high impact communications materials to be used for fundraising initiatives;
- Support building relationships with potential influencers or celebrities.
Managing Our Climate’s Website and Online Advocacy Platform
- Support the Deputy Director in managing a process to update Our Climate’s website;
- Support the Deputy Director in managing a process to migrate Our Climate’s CRM Database;
- Manage online advocacy platforms to reach and engage new youth such as New/Mode, Outreach Circle, and Action Network.
Developing Strong Youth Leaders in Climate Communications
- Support an appropriate number of interns or Communications Fellows who will carry out responsibilities related to maintaining Our Climate’s social media presence, making simple graphics, and ensuring the broader community of Our Climate Fellows are strong representatives of Our Climate’s brand;
- Participate in training youth leaders on various communications-related topics through Our Climate’s Fellowship Training Program.
The Communications Associate position is by no means limited to these responsibilities. As part of a small and ambitious team, the Communications Associate will be expected to participate in strategy, development, and planning discussions, among other organizational and campaign tasks.
Compensation and Benefits: This is a full-time non exempt position. This position will be compensated at an annual salary of $40,000. Benefits include 20 annual days of paid time off, 7 days of paid sick time, cell phone reimbursements, and subsidized public transit. This role includes a monthly healthcare reimbursement of $350. Our Climate provides a 3% match for a Simple IRA, which employees are eligible for after 6 months of employment.