About Us: Put A Price On It is a national campaign led by Our Climate that mobilizes young people to advocate for science-based and equitable carbon pricing policies at the state and national level. By putting a price on carbon, we hold polluters accountable and transition our economy to a clean energy future. Students will train and organize other students, build public support for carbon pricing policy, and engage directly with elected officials. Applications are currently being accepted for our 2020 Field Representative program.
Position Description: Field Representatives will spend 3-5 hours a week during the semester they're accepted working to win equitable and science-based climate policy. This educational and supportive arrangement is designed to build the strong and diverse coalition of leaders needed to pass fair and effective climate policy. Field Reps will gain experience coordinating student climate policy initiatives, rally public support for carbon pricing policy, and directly engage with lawmakers.
Activities will be determined by each students’ interest, as well as what opportunities exist to advance carbon pricing in their state or congressional district. Examples include:
- Organizing students from your campus to lobby
- Learning about climate policy and building your skills as an advocate
- Recruiting other students to join the #PutAPriceOnIt campaign
- Pursue a campus endorsement on carbon pricing
- Attending important committee hearings
- Scheduling video calls with staff and other fellows to discuss strategy and assignments
- Identifying and securing opportunities to attend, table, or speak at community events
- Organizing campus trainings in support of equitable climate policy
- Writing and submitting media materials, including letters to the editor, op-eds, and blog posts
- Helping to organize informational and community-building events (concerts, house parties, panels, forums, etc.).
- Mobilize your peers to register to vote and Get Out The Vote
Additionally, Field Reps will be encouraged to actively participate in team decisions around strategy, effective messaging, and targeted outreach with a strong focus on the campus community. This is a volunteer / unpaid position.
Locations: This position is remote.
Apply for the Field Representative position HERE.
Questions concerning the Our Climate Field Representative program can be directed to Steven at firstname.lastname@example.org.