Our Climate is a national non-profit that mobilizes young people to advocate for science-based and equitable climate policies at the state and national level. Putting a price on carbon is a we hold polluters accountable and transition our economy to a clean energy future. Students will train and organize other students, rallying public support for general climate action, and carbon pricing policy, then engage directly with elected officials. Applications are currently being accepted on a rolling basis for the 2020 Florida Fellowship.
Fellows will work closely with Our Climate’s National Field Coordinator to achieve mutually agreed upon goals. This educational and supportive arrangement is designed to build a stronger and more diverse coalition of young leaders for demanding climate action in Florida. Fellows will commit 5-10 hours a week from January 15 - July 31.
Florida Fellows will work with peers from across the state to hold elected officials accountable and advance policies to equitably reduce pollution. Fellows will receive support from Our Climate’s National Field Coordinator to meet with lawmakers, share their stories in the media, organize voter registration and turnout drives, and build a strong network of young climate activists in Florida.
Some things to look forward to during the fellowship:
- Weekly video calls with staff and other fellows to discuss strategy and assignments
- Identifying and securing opportunities to attend, table, or speak at community events in support of climate action
- Organize and hold two in-district meetings with your Member of Congress and a neighboring Member during the Fellowship
- Writing and submitting media materials, including letters to the editor, op-eds, and blog posts
- Engaging other young people about the power of voting
Additionally, fellows will be encouraged to actively participate in team decisions around strategy, effective messaging, and targeted outreach with a strong focus on the campus community.
Remote, all campuses in Florida.
Start: Rolling Basis
End: July 31
Application are being accepted on a rolling basis until March 15. An Our Climate representative will follow up to schedule a 30-minute interview if you seem to be a good fit for the position. Questions concerning the Florida Fellowship can be directed to Steven at email@example.com