Our Climate is a national non-profit that mobilizes young people to advocate for science-based and equitable pricing policies at the state and national level. By putting a price on carbon, we hold polluters accountable and transition our economy to a clean energy future. Students will train and organize other students, rallying public support for general climate action, and carbon pricing policy, then engage directly with elected officials. Applications are currently being accepted for 3-5 Florida Spring Semester 2020 fellowship positions.
Fellows will work closely with Our Climate’s National Field Coordinator to achieve mutually agreed upon goals. This educational and supportive arrangement is designed to build a stronger and more diverse coalition of young leaders for demanding climate action in Florida. Fellows will spend 5-10 hours a week from January 15 - May 13 advocating for Florida Congressional Representatives to act on Climate. Other tasks and duties include:
- Weekly video calls with staff and other fellows to discuss strategy and assignments
- Identifying and securing opportunities to attend, table, or speak at community events in support of climate action
- Organize and hold two in-district meetings with your Member of Congress and a neighboring Member during the Fellowship
- Writing and submitting media materials, including letters to the editor, op-eds, and blog posts
- Assisting with Florida voter registration & Get Out The Vote activities
Additionally, fellows will be encouraged to actively participate in team decisions around strategy, effective messaging, and targeted outreach with a strong focus on the campus community.
Remote, all campuses in Florida.
Start: January 6
End: May 8
To apply, please fill out this form.
Application deadline is December 23rd. An Our Climate representative will follow up to schedule a 30-minute interview if you seem to be a good fit for the position. Questions concerning the Florida Fellowship can be directed to Steven at email@example.com
Compensation: Fellows will receive a stipend of $500.