Position Description: The Our Climate MA internship is role that will work closely with the Our Climate New England Field Coordinator to create and organize events, programs, meetings, materials and partnerships that support Our Climate’s youth leaders and their campaigns.
Location: Remote, preference for Massachusetts residents
Start & End: Sept 1 (or as soon as possible) - Dec 31st
Hours & Compensation: 10+hrs/week, unpaid
Specific responsibilities include:
Attend, synthesize information, and address organizational news that come up during important weekly calls, including:
- National staff meetings
- Massachusetts team All-Calls
- Weekly individual check-ins with with the New England Field Coordinator
Represent OC in coalition meetings such as:
- Green New Deal Round Table
- MA Carbon Pricing Coalition
- Mass Power Forward Coalition
- Massachusetts Youth Climate Coalition
Help manage, post and share on OC’s social media to:
- Publicize OC’s MA events and campaigns
- Uplifting the messages and events of our partners
- Learn, update and build training modules for digital tools such as: Light up the Map, Linktree, Nation-Builder, and other campaign metrics tools
Schedule, organize and participate in
- LUM campaigns and meetings with legislators
- Voter Mobilization phone banks
- Lobby weeks, days of action
- the New England Field Coordinator with the tasks he delegates
- Youth who are new to the space and want to get involved
The OC MA Intern and New England Field Coordinator can work together to reshape these responsibilities to meet the demands of the campaign at any time.
Intern Qualifications (required/desired):
The ideal candidate will be a team player, results and impact oriented, and dedicated to our mission. They will resonate with our organizational culture values and be dedicated to advancing equity. Additionally, the candidate should demonstrate the following:
- Belief in the power of grassroots organizing and empowering young people to become compelling advocates;
- An organized, collaborative, and proactive work style;
- Ability to work independently in remote and flexible working environments;
- Demonstrated commitment to climate, environmental, racial, and social justice;
- Strong communication skills and ability to take initiative.
Applying: Complete the application here. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, but the final deadline for applicants is August 31. Address any questions to the New England Field Coordinator at email@example.com.