Position Description: The Social Media Fellowship is a part-time role that will work closely with the Our Climate New England Field Coordinator to create and post media for the Massachusetts Campaign for a Clean Energy Future (MAC4CEF) and inspire action through creative social media, and digital engagement strategies.
Location: Remote but preference for Massachusetts residents
Start & End: Aug 17-Dec 31st
Hours & Compensation: 5 hr/week at $15/hr with the possibility of more hours or an extension based on funding
Specific responsibilities include:
- Research current online media strategies and plans, including:
- Our Climate’s social media plan
- The Citizens Climate Lobby North Shore & MAC4CEF working group materials
- Attend, integrate intel, and seek feedback from important calls, including:
- Our Climate's Social Media Team Calls and Slack Channel
- MAC4CEF Communications Team calls and check-ins
- Create and post weekly on critical accounts, including:
- Our Climate's Instagram
- MAC4CEF Facebook and Twitter
- Do weekly solidarity posts to hold up voices of partners, including in Environmental Justice, Youth, Labor, Voter Education and neighboring coalition spaces
- Implement best practices to optimize social media reach;
- Educate other youth on best practices and support them in creating content where possible.
Applying: Send resume and cover letter to our New England Field Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Application: Digital Media Fellowship."