A little about us: Put A Price On It is a national campaign led by Our Climate and The YEARS Project, which mobilizes young people to advocate for strong and equitable carbon pricing policies at the state and national level. By putting a price on carbon, we will hold polluters accountable and transition our economy to a clean energy future. Students will train and organize other students, rallying public support for carbon pricing policy, and engage directly with elected officials in New York State. Applications are currently being accepted for our Fall 2019 fellowship positions.
Fellowship description & responsibilities: Fellows will work closely with Our Climate’s New York State Director and other staff to achieve mutually agreed upon goals. This educational and supportive arrangement is designed to build a stronger and more diverse coalition of young leaders needed to pass fair and effective climate policy in New York State. Fellows will be trained to conduct public outreach on the local and state level to build support for carbon pricing. There are three Fellowships per year: Spring (January-May), Summer (June-August), and Fall (September-December).
Fellow responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Seeking and securing campaign endorsements from businesses, cities, college and university presidents, organizations, and prominent individuals;
- Identifying and securing opportunities to attend and participate in community events to build support for carbon pricing;
- Participating in phone banks and list-building activities;
- Writing and submitting media materials, including letters to the editor, op-eds, and press releases;
- Helping to organize informational and community-building events (concerts, house parties, forums, etc.).
Additionally, fellows will be encouraged to actively participate in team decisions around strategy, effective messaging, targeted outreach, and more.
- A strong passion for, and commitment to, climate action & justice
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and with a team
- Proven leadership and involvement on campus and/or the community
- Goal oriented with great organizational and communication skills
Location: Throughout New York State
Spring Fellowship Fri, Jan 18- Fri, May 17 Application Closed!
Summer Fellowship: Mon, Jun 10 - Fri, Aug 16 Application Closed!
Fall Fellowship: Mon, Aug 26 - Fri, Dec 20 Application Closed!
These times are flexible and can be modified based on Fellows' availability.
Time commitment: 5-10 hours a week
Compensation: The shorter Summer fellowship is unpaid. Spring and Fall Fellows receive a stipend of $500.
The New York State Director will follow up to schedule a 30-minute interview if you seem to be a good fit for the position. Questions concerning the New York Fellowship can be directed to Nicole at email@example.com
If you are interested in joining our NY team as a Field Representative, please fill out this form! Someone will follow up shortly.