Time Commitment: 10 hours per week from January 15 - May 31
Application Deadline: January 10
Locations: Any location in Oregon
Supervisor: Oregon Field Organizer
About Our Climate
Our Climate aims to mobilize young adults to pass bold, equitable, science-based pollution-pricing policies on a state level to combat climate change. We believe the generations most impacted by climate change need to be at the table when policies that impact our futures are being written and negotiated.
About the Oregon Fellowship
The purpose of the Oregon Fellowship is to pass bold state-level policy this legislative session. Fellows will organize on campuses and within their communities to train and mobilize other young adults to lobby their elected officials to pass climate policy.
Weekly assignments may include:
- Planning and hosting events on a campus
- Writing blog pieces and letters to the editor
- Weekly video calls with other fellows
- Attending webinars
- Gathering petition signatures
- Meeting with elected officials in Salem, OR
Qualifications: College and work experience is not necessary to apply. Anyone ages 18-24 is qualified so long as they are:
- Passionate and committed to saving our collective future through the Democratic process;
- Eager to learn about and advocate for climate justice;
- Experience with event planning and outreach
- Ability to dedicate 10 hours/week to the fellowship
- Proactive and timely digital and in person communication skills are a must! (Responding to emails/texts in a timely manner, being able to connect with a variety of people from students to elected officials)
- Ability to take initiative!
Once you complete the application, our Oregon Field Organizer will follow up with you to schedule an interview.