Our Climate seeks to hire a DEI consultant based in Seattle, WA. The consultant will support Our Climate as it implements its DEI Action Plan and will support the team in fostering a culture of inclusivity.
DEI Action Plan Consultant
Our Climate is currently advancing our DEI Action Planning process and as we near the finish line, we’re excited to hire a contractor to review the plan, provide feedback and suggested edits or courses of action, and work closely with the Deputy Director and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion committee to incorporate and fully understand feedback. We decided to take this approach after consulting with other historically white led organizations of our size and budget who’ve done this work in ways we admire.
- Review Our Climate DEI Action plan
- Identify growth areas
- Suggest 1-2 courses of action to improve objectives or goals
- Meet with the Deputy Director and DEI Committee to share findings and suggestions, the Executive Director may join this call as well
- Make recommendations on best course of action for overall implementation
- Make recommendations on best course of action for evaluation
Compensation: Our budget for this aspect of the work is $1,000 - about $100 for 10 hours of work.
Note: There may be an opportunity of extending the contract relationship in asking the consultant to facilitate the DEI committee as it meets 3 times a year after the implementation of the plan to assess it.
DEI Training for Staff and Board at Our Climate’s Retreat
Our Climate would like to hire this same consultant to facilitate an engaging and empowering workshop on DEI basics for its annual staff and board retreat in Skykomish, Washington August 1-4. In addition to understanding Our Climate’ DEI commitments, the staff and board would love to be equipped with language, historical context, and general best practices for being an active anti-racist accomplice. We anticipate this workshop would be a morning or afternoon session, about 3-4 hours in length.
We are preferential to working with the same consultant throughout this entire process because we’d like to build a relationship with someone who knows our work, history, and us. We think we’ll be more successful in implementing this important action plan if we build a culture of buy in and deep understanding and can successful call our staff and board to taking action. This person will work closely with the Our Climate Deputy Director.
- Equip Our Climate staff and board with a shared language for understanding DEI work
- Support Our Climate Staff and Board in understanding general context and framework for being an anti-racist organization
- Support Deputy Director in educating Our Climate staff and board on how the DEI Action Plan will support and further our work.
Compensation: We have budgeted $1,500 for this work including prep and facilitation. That cost does not include transportation, which we are happy to support.
How to apply: please send a short letter of interest, resume or LinkedIn profile, and a sample action plan based on one of the two above tasks to the Deputy Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions can be directed to the Deputy Director. We are accepting rolling applications until 5pm PT on May 14th.