Put A Price On It is a national campaign that mobilizes young people to advocate for science-based and equitable pricing policies at the state and national level. By putting a price on carbon, we hold polluters accountable and transition our economy to a clean energy future. Students will train and organize other students, rallying public support for carbon pricing policy, and engage directly with elected officials. Applications are currently being accepted for our Spring 2019 fellowship positions.
Fellows will spend 5-10 hours a week from January through May on passing equitable and science-based climate policy through Washington's Legislature. This educational and supportive arrangement is designed to build the strong and diverse coalition of leaders needed to pass fair and effective climate policy. Assignments include:
- Organizing students from your campus to attend a lobby day in Olympia, WA and potentially attending important committee hearings in Olympia
- Weekly video calls with staff and other fellows to discuss strategy and assignments
- Identifying and securing opportunities to attend, table, or speak at community events
- Organizing campus trainings in support of equitable climate policy
- Writing and submitting media materials, including letters to the editor, op-eds, and blog posts
- Helping to organize informational and community-building events (concerts, house parties, panels, forums, etc.).
Additionally, fellows will be encouraged to actively participate in team decisions around strategy, effective messaging, and targeted outreach with a strong focus on the campus community.
All campuses in Washington.
Start and end dates are flexible depending on your school schedule, but the general time frame for the Spring Fellowship are approximately January 15th - May 15th.
Application deadline is December 20th. An Our Climate Field Organizer will follow up to schedule a 30-minute interview if you seem to be a good fit for the position. Questions concerning the Oregon Fellowship can be directed to Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org
Compensation: Fellows will receive a stipend of $500.